Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

The Little Bird by Leonard Tumble

by Leonard Tumble (pen name), 11yo.


While I sit down and debate with a friend,
I quietly notice a bird around the bend,
It circles; flaps, and then it would hide,
Reappearing on the other side.
He’ll do it again, and then land on a tree
How could one ever look so free?
No matter the cause, I am extremely curious of it,
This I notice while I sit.

This mysterious bird is tiny and quaint,
The sun shadowed his details till it’s faint,
Is it sparrow, swallow, sunbird, or robin?
Somehow I know that it observes something,
Then I realised that it is watching us,
But why watch us so late in the dusk?
No matter the cause, I am extremely curious of it,
This I notice while I sit.

Then I realised that one is always by my side,
As if its only mission is to with me, bide.
From the sandy beaches to roads up and over,
Wherever I go, it always seems to hover,
As if it was a God-sent guardian,
Or just a bird flying like dandelion?
No matter the cause, I will always be curious of it,

This I notice as I sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis